Iridology is the study of the eyes. It is a diagnostic tool for practitioners trained in iridology. The study of the eye includes the iris, the sclera, the pupil and all of the structures, pigments and colours within the eye.
Iridology does not diagnose illnesses, but rather aids the recognition of functional disturbances and can show tendencies in the individual towards imbalance in health as well as the results or consequences of health imbalances. Genetic strengths and weaknesses can show in the eye. And iridology may indicate the presence of a mineral or vitamin deficiency.
Iridology can show your genetic background, where you are heading, what kind of body you have and how your lifestyle has influenced your body. The localisation of a mark, hole or change of colour in the iris shows a dysfunction or change in the organ associated with that particular area. Different parts of the iris represent different areas of the body – anatomically there are nerve connections from all parts of the body to the iris.
There are 3 main iris colours, which make up the constitutional types:
The blue eyes are an expression of the lymphatic constitution
Disposition and tendencies of the lymphatic constitution include
- swollen, enlarged tonsils, lymph nodes and spleen
- Polyps in the nose
- Disposition for problems with the respiratory tract, asthma, and bronchitis
- Dry skin, eczema and acne
- Uric acid deposits, leading to complaints that have a rheumatic nature, arthritis
- susceptible heart and kidneys, e.g with fluid retention
- lymphatic congestion with poor immune function and poor elimination of toxins
The brown eyes are an expression of the haematogenic constitution
People with brown eyes are prone to
- gastro-intestinal, liver and gallbladder dysfunctions, such as flatulence, dyspepsia or constipation
- The production of gastro-intestinal enzymes may be low and a frequent intolerance to cows milk may be common
- tendency to pancreatic (Diabetes), endocrine (adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism etc.)
- possible blood disturbances
- tendencies to leukopenie (low white blood cell count) and lymphcytopenia (low count of lymphocytes in blood)
- Swollen glands are common
- Cardio-vascular-diseases with symptoms of a venous character
- Skin ailments, like furunkulosis and abscess, a poor lymphatic drainage may be possible
- tendency towards cancerous mutation, e.g with colonic tumours
The Mix-iris are a mixture of the above types, the brown iris type often dominant
- Metabolic processes can be disturbed equally from both the lymphatic and haematogenic types
- gastro-intestinal weakness with spasm
- Liver and Gallstones
- bile duct and pancreatic disorders
- Flatulence and constipation
These constitutions do not showcase a constitution in a clinical way, rather they show anatomical differences in the eye itself and are therefore Iris-constitutions.
Over time our eyes change and the map of the eyes gets written by life and it’s changes and challenges. It is possible for signs to reverse or fade, or to stay apparent after the body has healed. For example, inflammatory signs are a result of a strain to the connective tissue and may take longer to disappear in the eye than the inflammation is apparent in the body.